Stromboli has long been one of my favorite foods, and I had a craving for it today that needed to be satisfied. But as much as I love Stromboli, it’s one of those foods that I just hadn’t gotten around to replicating in a gluten free form yet. So tonight I decided to tackle it.
The only thing that’s obviously not gluten free in a basic Stromboli is the dough. I’ve made gluten free pizza using Pamela’s Bread Mix
and have had good luck with it. So I decided I would simply use that for the dough – and it was perfect!
Prep/Cook Time: abt. 45 minutes
- Cook Italian sausage in frying pan. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a large rectangular shape on a piece of parchment paper. (As I learned, you don’t want to roll it out too thin or else the dough will stretch and split open too easily.)
- Top the rolled out dough with the cheese,
Italian sausage, and pepperoni.
- Use the parchment paper to carefully roll up the pizza dough into one large roll. You can use water to seal the dough where necessary.
- Bake the Stromboli at 375° for 30 minutes. Slice and serve with marinara sauce when done.
|Mixing the Pizza Dough
|All Rolled Up
|Fresh out of the oven
|Ready to eat!